Monday, April 03, 2006

Beware of The Call Center Outsourcer You Choose

Call Center Outsourcing - One of the most critical decisions you can make

I have been in the call center industry for over 18 years now and in the call center outsourcing arena for the past 8 years.

I've learned a lot about call center outsourcing...

Over the next several weeks I am going to share with you some of the critical information that I have learned.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly...

There are some outsourcing companies (I will not name names - wish I could but I do not feel like getting sued), that you need to stay away from.

A lot of people are upset with a good portion of the work moving offshore. For good reason, but the bottomline - it will not change. Some will come back to the USA but most likely it may move to another new hot spot.

However, with that being said - some US call center outsourcing companies don't help. They talk a great game about how their business model is the best thing since sliced bread but the truth is you need to pull back the layers and find out what really makes it successful.

Because no matter what the fast talking midgets say - it all comes down to execusion. Without it, I don't care how great their technology is or their model - they just won't deliver.

And they know it.

What they do to mask this weakness is to make their pricing so competetive that it looks too good - TO BE TRUE.

Unfortunately, for the rest of the solid USA call center outsourcing companies (and there are a handful), the unscrupulous ruin it for them. In fact, they should join forces and put those disguising themselves as a high quality, exceptional business model call center outsourcing solution - out of business.

As you can tell I have a strong opinion about these companies or company. The truth be told - I hate dealing with the type of people that run these companies. They do it only for profit. Trust me I love profit but not by sacrificing everything else like ETHICS.

Next post I will share more detail about a certain company and how their business model could be great except for the people that are in charge making decisions.

Call Center Outsourcing - The good the bad and the ugly!